Accelerate Test Automation with Tricentis TOSCA
Today test automation is one of the key areas a QA professional should be knowledgeable. An experience in test automation and the test automation tools are essential for anyone to succeed in their career. There are numerous test automation tools which are availed in the technology industry. Some are free and open source, while others are commercial.
In this article, I will be looking at Tricentis TOSCA at a glance and its unique features that accelerates test automation and gives more power to the test automation engineer. I had a chance to work on an awesome test tool like Tricentis TOSCA at Acentura and it was a great opportunity know it’s capabilities.
Tricentis TOSCA is an enterprise level test automation tool which covers test automating most of the interfaces ranging from Web UI, Mobile, Web Services, Windows, SAP, Sales Force, PEGA, Snowflake, Oracle applications. There are cool set of exciting features available in TOSCA.
- Rapid scanning, identifying UI elements and creating the object repository – TOSCA contains a feature to scan UI elements and web services easily with a click of button. The scan modules availed in TOSCA allows us to scan elements in Mobile, Web UI, Windows, Salesforce, PDF files in a quickie and create the object map for each module in the application under test (AUT).
- Test Step Library modules promotes re-usability – TOSCA features creation of library module, modules which will be commonly used in the test suite (Example – Login scenario), thus eliminating the duplicated automation effort and ease for maintenance when there are changes occurring in AUT.
- Robust test automation with recovery test scenarios – TOSCA features creation of recovery test scenarios which will be executed when a test gets failed. Recovery scenarios can be created for each test or test case folder that comprises one or more test scenarios. Additionally, TOSCA also provides creation of cleanup scenarios, where it will reset all the actions done by the failing script so that the next script can be executed without any failure.
- Numerous arrays of scan engines – TOSCA is equipped with a large array of scan engines which helps the automation of large scale of application platforms. There are two types of engines in TOSCA, the TOSCA TBox framework which consist steering engines 3.0 and the classical engines. With such provided engines, test automation professional is powered to automate most of the application platforms that are designed and developed today.
- Risk based testing optimization is a merit in TOSCA – The risk-based testing module integrated in TOSCA allows organizations to test the most critical functionality in the release and avoid testing unnecessary areas plus duplicating the testing in the same application area. The risk-based reporting module has also allowed to make decisions whether the critical functionality has passed or failed and thus enabling the team to make a call whether to ship the release or not.
- Overall, the features provided by TOSCA is much impressive and will help people to take on automation in a faster phase compared to traditional code-based test automation frameworks like Selenium. This enables test automation initiative in a project to capture more test automation coverage, better object repository management, faster delivery of software and early identification of defects.